Whatever your lifestyle and family dynamics might be, we all accumulate belongings, some trash and some treasure, and before moving many items, it’s best to decide if it’s worth moving them and how best to move them. Efficient and thoughtful planning, preparation, and execution are the keys to a stress-free move. While the anticipation surrounding the move to your new home may be quite exciting, the practicality and implementation involved in organizing and packing for the move can be overwhelming. However, guidance from your Ward Kellner Properties agent can alleviate much of the frustration that can accompany a move. Ward Kellner Properties offers a wealth of information about moving options and preparedness.
CHOOSING A PROFESSIONAL MOVER
For local moves, you might consider transporting small goods, appliances and furnishings yourself. Most moves, however, will require a professional moving company that will also pack for you if you so choose. Choosing which mover to hire can be intimidating, but your Ward Kellner Properties agent is ready to assist you in making your decision. A few items to consider as you choose a mover are:
- Obtain Multiple Moving Estimates
- Request Thorough Walk-Throughs for Estimates
- Request References, Read Reviews and Check with the Better Business Bureau
- Verify Credentials
- Request Licensing and Insurance Information
- Request an Inventory of Your Items Be Taken Before the Move
- Request a Thorough Contract
- Watch Out for Red Flags – Large Deposits Up-Front, Professionalism, Timeliness, etc.
- Beware of Extra Fees
- Report Any Problems in a Timely Manner